Random thoughts, poetry and pictures

Random thoughts, poetry and pictures
A taste of my skewed view of the world.

Monday, April 15, 2024

 Ego Obsolete


i am not my past. 


change is terrifying

to untamed minds. 


i am not my trauma.


ego promotes procrastination 

stops me from starting new projects.


i am not this fear.


ego protects me from failure

while hindering possibilities of success


i am not this thought. 


ego is darkness,

outdated fight-or-flight mechanism.


ego is expert

at constructing resistances


ego accumulates rationalizations:

why i am unloved, unaccepted, unhappy.


i am not this guilt.


dissatisfaction, mind’s internal dialogue,

is not the subject of its complaints.


i am not this doubt.

 

releasing attachment to shadow identities,

is freedom to be me


discomfort is

a doorway to freedom. 


i am not this story.


i am brave,

i am courageous


obstacles and challenges are temporary.

moments of realignment always working out in my favor.


i accept change

as the normal state-of-being.


i choose to replace judgment

with compassion.


© 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment